A look at how Anderson McTague has grown to serve you better.
Anderson McTague & Associates has been committed to providing brokers with outstanding service since J.A. Anderson founded our company back in 1937. Here is a brief outline of the history and growth of our Managing General Agency.
1949 – We are incorporated as Anderson Insurance, Ltd., a company which included an independent brokerage.
1960s-70s – Very few company branch offices are operational in the Maritimes during these decades, so the primary method of distribution for most insurers is through Managing General Agencies. MGAs like Anderson McTague wrote most of the insurance policies protecting companies and individuals from misfortune in the Maritime provinces.
1976 – Charles McTague joins the company, which is renamed Anderson McTague Insurance shortly thereafter.
1980s – Changes in the industry see customer demand for multi-line insurance MGAs decline. Charles McTague makes the important decision to stay true to the fundamental concept of a professionally-run MGA while focusing more narrowly on hard-to-place risk coverage.
1984 – Charles McTague incorporates Premium Finance Services, Ltd., to offer insurance premium financing to brokers in Atlantic Canada.
2012 – Anderson McTague expands its local presence by opening a branch in St. John’s, Newfoundland.
Present – Anderson McTague remains one of the largest MGAs in Atlantic Canada when it comes to hard-to-place property and casualty risks.
Anderson McTague has expanded and refined its mandate through the years, but we have never wavered in our passion for providing Atlantic Canada’s independent brokers with customized, homegrown insurance solutions.